Transcend is an elegant portfolio theme designed for creative individuals. Featuring a sleek, responsive layout and robust built-in templates, showcasing your work is simple and intuitive.
Installing a Theme
The first thing you need to do when installing a WordPress theme is to prepare the zipped theme file and login to your WordPress admin panel; then, follow the steps below:
- In the WordPress admin panel select Appearance → Themes.
- Click Add New on the top left corner, click Upload Theme and select the zipped theme file.
- Click Install Now and then activate the new theme.
Updating a Theme
Assuming that you have installed the theme, when a new update is released you will receive an email notice from either the distributing party or directly from us. Below is the process of updating a WordPress theme.
- Check the changelog file in the theme package, it contains an overview of new features, bug fixes and improvements with the new update; thoroughly review it and decide whether to update, as some features may be eliminated or added.
- Backup your database and the current theme, in case anything goes wrong.
- Unzip the new update of the theme file, and prepare to upload the updated folder to the server through an FTP client, we recommend using FileZilla.
- On the server side, locate the theme directory, which is wp-content/themes/phase_transcend, and replace the files with the new update.
In addition, if any customizations has been done. You can export and then import the customized option using the Customizer Export/Import plugin.
Customizing a Theme
You can directly customize our WordPress themes within the WordPress live customize panel. To access the live customizer, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your WordPress admin panel and select Appearance → Customize.
- A list of options that are allowed to customize with your current theme will appear, changes will be reflected instantly.
Retina support creates image files required for High-DPI devices and displays them to your visitors accordingly. To enable Retina support got to the customize panel → Site Wide Options → Enable Retina Support. Retina images will be generated from here on after.
To manually retina-fy assets, simply upload the same assets with double the size and "@2x" at the end of the file (e.g. logo.png becomes firstname.lastname@example.org).
Transcend is pre-packed with the Phase Portfolio plugin, it allows you to setup portfolio pieces, portfolio categories, and portfolio widget. At the initial install of the theme, you will be prompted with a notification to install the Phase Portfolio plugin.
To manually install the Phase Portfolio Plugin, go to Appearance → Install Plugins and click install on Phase Portfolio.
To add a new portfolio piece, navigate to your WordPress admin panel and go to Portfolio → Add New. Insert portfolio images by adding a gallery, the first gallery in the post content will be automatically formatted as the portfolio piece images.
You can add categories to individual portfolio pieces in the admin panel, the categories are separated from the posts categories, so portfolio pieces will not be displayed when you are on a category archive page.
There are four portfolio layouts packed in Transcend, the fullscreen masonry, fullscreen square (default), guttered masonry, and guttered grid. Below is the instruction on how to setup a portfolio page with a specific layout:
- Add a new page in the WordPress admin panel.
- Under the Page Attributes section select a portfolio template.
- Publish the page and assign it under a menu.
Transcend supports infinite scrolling as well as two different blog layouts, the grid layout and the single column layout. In addition to the default comment system, Transcend also integrates Disqus commenting system. All of these features can be adjusted in the customize panel under Post Page section.
To create a gallery post, follow the steps below:
- Select Gallery on the right sidebar within the Format section.
- Click Add Media on the top left corner of the post content section.
- Click Create Gallery and select all the images you'd like to include on the image gallery slider and click Create a new gallery.
- Go through the gallery options and click Insert gallery.
Audio & Video Format
Since there are a limits on the maximum size of media attachments you can upload for WordPress, external URL’s are substituted for adding audio or video contents. Audio posts are currently limited to be only pulled from SoundCloud, video posts can be pulled from either Youtube or Vimeo. Follow the steps below to add a media post.
- Select Audio or Video on the right sidebar within the Format section.
- Once a format is selected, a new content field will appear at the top of the right sidebar
- Type or pastes in the URL of the media you’d like to post, the media will be displayed in the co-responding layout of the selected post format.
HTML Text Editor
Aside from the visual editor, WordPress also supports a HTML text editor which allows you to insert content through HTML codes, you will be able to use different heading levels, custom classes, as well as other custom functionalities. To access the HTML text editor, click on Text right next to Visuals above the post content section.
To use pull quote, simply wrap the block of text using a div with the class of pull-left or pull-right, below is a demonstration.
<div class="pull-right"> This will become a pull right quote - Donec nec justo eget felis facilisis fermentum. Aliquam porttitor mauris sit amet orci. </div>
In addition to the four portfolio layout templates, Transcend is also packed with a contact and construction page template.
It is simple to create a page using a template, simply select the template under the Page Attribution section on the right sidebar and publish/update the page. Page templates can be switched on/off at any time.
The contact page includes an in-page contact form. The default messages are sent to the admin email; however, it can be changed in the customize panel under the Contact Page section. Additionally, prompted (success/error) message strings modified as well.
Transcend is a localization/translation ready theme, you can translate into a language of your choice. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Download a translation software. Poedit is a great choice as its been around for several years. When the download completes, unzip and open the application.
- Select Create New Translation and select the en.po file, it can be found in the language folder within the theme template.
- Select a langauge of translation. The theme has already compiled a list of phrases, words that are ready to translate, begin translating the theme phrase by phrase.
- Save the translated .po file, Poedit will also save an additional .mo file in the same langauge folder.
- After you saved both files, upload it to the same language directory through a FTP client.
- From your FTP client, locate the wp-config.php file from the directory of your Wordpress installation, open an text editor and find this line: define (‘WPLANG’); (if you are having trouble finding this line, please take a look at WordPress’s codex on making changes on your site language).
- Edit the line to include your country code. For example, to switch your language to Italian, edit the line to define ('WPLANG', 'IT');.
Support is provided for any purchases of our products provided on our website or any authorized distributing party. Support includes bug fixes, issues, and general usage. Extensive theme customizations are not included, if you would like to extensively customize your theme, please contact us with work scope and detailed information and we will work along with you.
New theme feature/suggestions are always welcomed. We strongly believe in customer relationships, send us a message if you have any support inquiries or pre-sale questions.Support Center